Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
1. Can I collaborate with my peers as a duo, trio, quartet?
Yes, you have creative freedom and creativity is encouraged. If a duo or trio, etc. place in the top 3, the cash prize will be equally distributed among the contestants.
2. Will I be penalized if my performance goes over or under 5 minutes?
No. A time frame is provided for contestants to have an idea how long performances should be. Ideally, performances should be about 5 minutes, give or take 30 seconds.
3. Do I need to memorize my presentation?
No, but bonus marks are given for memorization and finalists who hope to place should plan on memorizing their piece. Bonus marks are also given for referencing Dr. King’s lesser known speeches.
4. Do I need to attend a workshop?
Workshops are optional, but contestants are strongly encouraged to attend at least one workshop. Past participants have found workshops to be helpful, fun, and the majority of finalists have attended a minimum of one workshop.
5. Do I need to submit a copy of my presentation?
Only finalists are required to submit an electronic copy of their presentation prior to the Finals.
MLK VOICE 4 YOUTH
505 E. Buck Road, Wilmington, DE 19807
Copyright © 2023 MLK VOICE 4 YOUTH - All Rights Reserved.