Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
1. Do I need to submit my video when I register?
No, you are not required to submit your video when you register. You have until 5 PM on December 14 to send your video link. If you wish to change your title later, not a problem, just submit the new title when you submit your video url. Send video links to email@example.com
2. Can I collaborate with my peers as a duo, trio, quartet?
Yes, you have creative freedom and creativity is encouraged. If you place in the top 3, you will need to share the cash prize with your colleagues.
3. Will I be penalized if my performance goes under 3 minutes or over 5 minutes?
No, it is a timeframe for you to have an idea how long your performance should be.
4. Do I need to memorize my presentation?
No, but bonus marks are given for memorization and finalists who hope to place should plan on memorizing their piece. Bonus marks are also given for referencing Dr. King’s lesser known speeches.
5. Do I need to attend a workshop?
No, workshops are optional, but contestants are encouraged to attend at least one workshop. Past workshop participants have found workshops to be helpful and fun.
6. Do I need to submit a copy of my presentation?
No, only finalists are required to submit an electronic copy of their presentation prior to the Finals.